Child in Mind Lab was founded in March 2017 in order to build a team specialized in developmental psychology and psychopathology.
Child in Mind Lab activities deal with the study of social, cognitive and emotional skills in children and adolescents, with the aim of promoting a healthy development.
Child in Mind Lab collaborates with other UniSR and OSR centres, specifically with:
– Servizio di Psicopatologia dello Sviluppo OSR
– Centro Disturbi del Comportamento Alimentare OSR
– Centro Universitario di Statistica per le Scienze Biomediche (CUSSB)
– Servizio di Psicologia Clinica della Salute OSR
– Centro di Medicina del Sonno OSR
– Centro di Neuro- e Psicolinguistica (CNPL)
– Laboratorio di Azione, Percezione e Cognizione (LAPCO)
– UniSR Social.Lab
Child in Mind Lab boasts both national and international collaborations:
– Istituto Superiore di Sanità (Roma)
– Associazione La Nostra Famiglia – IRCCS Eugenio Medea (Bosisio Parini)
– Professor Thalia Eley, Director of EDIT Lab, King’s College (London, UK)
– Professor Deborah Beidel, University of Central Florida (Florida, USA)
– Professor Robin Banerjee, Director of CRESS Research Lab, University of Sussex (Brighton, UK)
– Professor Sue Leekam, Director of the Wales Autism Research Centre, Cardiff University (Cardiff, UK)
– Professor Helen Askell-Williams, College of Education, Psychology and Social Work, Flinders University (South Australia, Australia)
Child in Mind Lab research activities concern various topics related to social, cognitive and emotional development of children and adolescents, using a big variety of instruments and methods.
Nutrition project: in this longitudinal research project we are following developmental trajectories of children from kindergarten to primary school with the aim of understanding how children develop the concept of healthy nutrition and which are its cognitive/emotional/social correlates.
Impulsiveness project: in this research project we are investigating the development of impulsiveness control both in children and adults through behavioural tasks and neuropsychological tests. In a second phase of the project we will also use electrophysiological and psychophysiological methods.
– Director: Anna Ogliari, Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology (Faculty of Psychology, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University); Hospital Assistant (Psychopathology Unit and Eating Disorders Unit, San Raffaele Turro)
– Co-Director: Marcella Caputi, Assistant Professor of Developmental Psychology (Faculty of Psychology, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University)
– Regina Gregori Grgic, Post-Doc UniSR
– Elettra Pezzica, PhD student UniSR
– Raffaella Belotti, counselor, Psychopathology Unit (San Raffaele Turro)
– Valeria Fiocco, counselor, Psychopathology Unit (San Raffaele Turro)
– Claudia Cosmai, trainee in Psychology UniSR
– Linda Frongillo, trainee in Psychology UniSR
– Davide Rotondi, trainee in Psychology UniSR
– Paola Sorgato, trainee in Psychology UniSR
– Cinzia Petitti, trainee in Psychology UniSR
– Alice Legnani, trainee in Psychology UniSR
– Giulia Anchora, trainee in Psychology UniSR
Child in Mind Lab periodically organizes seminars and conferences with experienced professionals on developmental psychology issues.
We offer, on demand, training courses for teachers/educators/pedagogists on social, cognitive and emotional development.
We also realize ad hoc interventions in the schools in order to handle different kind of problems.