Cavalli Giulio Ricercatore a tempo determinatoMedicineMED/09 – Medicina Interna
Scientific Career and Positions
2018-now: Assistant Professor of Medicine, San Raffaele University School of Medicine, Milan (Italy). Investigations aimed at molecular taxonomy of inflammatory diseases and at therapeutic modulation of inflammatory responses.
2017-now: Attending Physician, Unit of Immunology, Rheumatology, Allergy and Rare Diseases, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan (Italy).
2017: Lecturer, Department of Medicine, San Raffaele University School of Medicine, Milan (Italy)
2017: Research Fellow, Department of Medicine, San Raffaele University School of Medicine, Milan (Italy). Investigations into the mechanisms underlying innate inflammatory responses and the genetic bases of inflammatory diseases.
2014-2016: Postdoctoral Researcher, Laboratory of Prof. Charles A. Dinarello, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO (USA). Investigations into the natural regulation of inflammatory responses, and the genetic bases of autoimmune diseases.
2016: Board Certification in Allergy and Clinical Immunology
2011: MD, magna cum laude, San Raffaele University School of Medicine, Milan (Italy).
2010: Research Intern, Laboratory of Prof. Salvatore Albani. Translational Immunology, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Center, La Jolla, CA (USA). Study of regulatory T cells.
- Condorelli Award for Research Achievements, First Prize, Italian Society of Internal Medicine, 2018
- Mentor for the European Union PATHWAY Project – International career pathways and curriculum for clinician-scientists. 2018
- Rare Care Expert Speaker Academy, Berlin (Germany), 2018
- Member of the ‘Emerging EULAR Network (EMEUNET) Working Group’, competitive selection, 2017
- European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) bursary for the International Certificate Program – EUREKA institute for Translational Medicine, 2017
- Member of EUREKA Institute for Translational Medicine. International Certificate Program. Competitive selection, 2017
- ‘Verso EULAR 2017’ bursary. Italian Rheumatology Society (SIR), 2016
- FDIME Research Award for the Study of Rare Diseases. Foundation for the Development of Internal Medicine in Europe (FDIME), 2016-2017
- 12th FDIME/EFIM Seminar on Clinical Research. Foundation for the Development of Internal Medicine in Europe (FDIME) and European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM), Paris (France), competitive selection, 2016
- European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) Award, Paris (France), 2014
- European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) Award, Berlin (Germany), 2012
Pubblicazioni Selezionate (2013-2018) / Selected Publications (2013-2018)
- De Luca G, Campochiaro C, Dinarello CA, Dagna L, Cavalli G. Treatment of Dilated Cardiomyopathy With Interleukin-1 Inhibition. Ann Intern Med. 2018
- Cavalli G, Dinarello CA. Suppression of inflammation and acquired immunity by IL-37. Immunol Rev. 2018
- Cavalli G, Justice JN, Boyle KE, D’Alessandro A, Eisenmesser EZ, Herrera JJ, Hansen KC, Nemkov T, Stienstra R, Garlanda C, Mantovani A, Dagna L, Seals DR, Joosten LAB, Ballak DB and Dinarello CA. Interleukin 37 reverses the metabolic cost of inflammation, increases oxidative respiration and improves exercise tolerance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017
- Cavalli G, Koenders M, Kalabokis V, Kim J, Tan AC, Garlanda C, Mantovani A, Dagna L, Joosten LA, Dinarello CA. Treating experimental arthritis with the innate immune inhibitor interleukin-37 reduces joint and systemic inflammation. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016
- Cavalli G, Pappalardo F, Mangieri A, Dinarello CA, Dagna L, Tresoldi M. Treating Life- Threatening Myocarditis by Blocking Interleukin-1. Crit Care Med. 2016
- Cavalli G, Hayashi M, Jin Y, Yorgov D, Santorico SA, Holcomb C, Rastrou M, Erlich H, Tengesdal IW, Dagna L, Neff CP, Palmer BE, Spritz RA, Dinarello CA. MHC class II superenhancer increases surface expression of HLA-DR and HLA-DQ and affects cytokine production in autoimmune vitiligo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016
- Cavalli G, Dinarello CA. Treating rhematological diseases and comorbidities with Interleukin-1 blocking therapies. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2015
- Cavalli G, Fallanca F, Dinarello CA, Dagna L. Treating pulmonary silicosis by blocking Interleukin-1. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015
- Cavalli G, Biavasco R, Borgiani B, Dagna L. Oncogene-induced senescence as a new mechanism of disease: the paradigm of Erdheim-Chester disease. Front Immunol. 2014
- Diamond EL, Dagna L, Hyman DM, Cavalli G, Janku F, Estrada-Veras J, Ferrarini M, Abdel- Wahab O, Heaney ML, Scheel PJ, Feeley NK, Ferrero E, McClain KL, Vaglio A, Colby T, Arnaud L, Haroche J. Consensus Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Clinical Management of Erdheim-Chester Disease. Blood. 2014
- Cavalli G, Guglielmi B, Berti A, Campochiaro C, Sabbadini MG, Dagna L. The multifaceted clinical presentations and manifestations of Erdheim-Chester disease: comprehensive review of the literature and of 10 new cases. Ann Rheum Dis. 2013
Il titolare del presente curriculum vitae, pubblicato online sul portale www.unisr.it, è garante in via esclusiva della correttezza e della veridicità dei dati e delle informazioni in esso riportate e del loro eventuale e puntuale aggiornamento. Egli è dunque il diretto ed unico responsabile dei contenuti indicati nei propri curricula.