Corso di Laurea magistrale in Biotechnology and Medical Biology
In addition to the teaching areas, the campus also includes a number of neighbouring facilities in which students can perform practical training and dissertation internship activities.
- the dozens of Research Units present within Dibit (total surface area of 12,000 m2), Dibit2 (total surface area of over 15,000 m2) and Ospedale San Raffaele
- The following Dibit-HSR services:
- Promifa (Protein Microsequencing Facility), dedicated to the molecular characterisation of proteins by mass spectroscopy and the bioinformatics processes required to conduct advanced research in the proteomics fieldCFCM (Core Facility for Conditional Mutagenesis), a service developed in cooperation with Telethon for the production of knockout or transgenic mice to order
- Alembic (Advanced Light and Electron Microscopy BioImaging Center), which brings together the most innovative optical and electron microscopy and microanalytical imaging techniques currently available on an international level
- the R&D labs of leading pharmaceutical multinationals (Bracco) and biotechnology companies (Axxam, Molmed, Primm)
- the Laboraf labs, the important diagnostic centre in the San Raffaele Science Park, used for practical tutorials and professional training activities for students pertaining to the diagnostics sector
- the operational facilities of the Science Park Raf, which deal with intellectual property issues
- the animal housing facility
- mouse histopathology
Many of these facilities present in the San Raffafele Biomedical Science Park already play an active role in the Bachelor’s Degree (lecturing activities, internships, case reports, etc.) and have expressed (together with other biotech/pharma world players) a great interest in taking part in the training process of the two-year specialisation course.
In this phase of potential biotechnology industry development, the Master’s Degree in Biotechnology and Medical Biology therefore meets the need for greater interaction between the academic and industrial worlds. This partnership guarantees a theoretical preparation that satisfies the demands of the employment market, provides real practical training and internship opportunities and favours future recruitment.