International Medical Doctor Program
Admission to the International MD program is based on selection through an entrance examination. This exam is obligatory for all candidates wishing to enter the course and is organized once/twice a year. It cannot be substituted by other exams or scores and is the only means of selection.Candidates are ranked according to the score obtained in the entrance exam and the best performing are admitted accorind to the number of places available each year.
Every year there are a limited number of seats in the the program; a quota for EU Citizens and one for non- EU Citizens. The admission test is also organized accodingly for each quota and is regulated by a specific admission regulation (Bando di concorso) which indicates opening and closeing of registration, information on fees and on enrolment documents and deadlines..
On the right side of this page you can find the specific information concerning admission and enrolment of each quota for the 2019/2020 intake for which all applications are now closed.
Updates for the 2020/2021 intake will be available late fall 2019.
The minimum academic requirement for enrolling to a medical degree course in Italy, is to possess a high school diploma of at least 12 years of education.
Download the official indications of the Italian Ministry of University concerning foreign titles.
An English Language Certification corresponding to C1 level is requested as well by the International MD Program and is obligatory in order to enrol once admitted.
Non Italian high school certificates must be translated and legalized by the Italian Consulate/ Italian Cultural Centre who gives the final Declaration of Validity of the title called Dichiarazione di Valore (DV). Find out where your Italian Diplomatic Authority is.
Here below are further useful details for students with foreign high school certificates:
1. Students with US High School diplomas must have at least 3 Advance Placement Studies – APs – in subjects which are pertinent to the course they are going to study (in our case, scientific subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths). Credits in scientific subjects needed for the DV can also be obtained from college or University transcripts and specifically in case of:
- US High School diploma with four Advanced Placement (APs) in subjects different from the chosen course of studies, followed by one academic year completed in a College.
- US High School diploma followed by two academic years completed in a College. Credits are valid even if obtained after the High School Diploma in an academic institution in a different country (they must be evaluated locally) provided that the study course was at least one full academic year
2. Students with International Baccalaureate diplomas coming from schools which are hereby listed (point n° 7): LIST OF RECOGNIZED FOREIGN SCHOOLS do not need the Dichiarazione di valore since the Schools are already recognized by the Italian Ministry. If your school is not among those listed you must request the Dichiarazione di Valore of your certificate.
3. Students coming from countries where education lasts less than 12 years must integrate the missing years by:
- presenting a University certificate indicating they have passed all the first year exams of the University course they are enrolled in if they are missing only 1 year.
- presenting a University certificate indicating they have passed all the exams of the first 2 years of their course if they are missing 2 years.
This quota includes only Non-European Citizens. It does not include Non Eu Citizens who already reside in Italy or Non-EU Citizens with double citizenship one of which is Italian or European. It does not include Citizens from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino. (Ministerial Prot. N° 7802 of March 24, 2015). These citizens compete for the EU competition.
Registration to the second test for admission to the International MD Program opened on June 3 and closed on July 16, 2019.
The July 23 Test results are now available. Click below to access the rankings list. (update July 29/07/2019)
Registered candidates for the July 23 test can enter their registration page here: https://unisr-admission.ilmiotest.it/
- July 23 admission test regulation: 2nd Call for Admissions_IMDP Non-EU 2019.2020
- March 28 admission test regulation : 1st call for admission - NonEU- 2019.2020_march 28 test
For enquiries on the Non – EU admissions, publishing of ranking lists and information on enrolment or documents to present please contact email@example.com
According to the deadlines indicated on the specific regulation for each test, Admitted students must send in all documentation to the specified email address (see regulation). Among the documentation requested, the Enrolment form and Privacy Statement below are needed.
Please verify also the Preventative Medicine documentation. Click on this link:https://www.unisr.it/servizi/medicina-preventiva/modulistica
and on the 2nd toggle for information and documentation in English.
Ranking list - Admission test July 23 Privacy Statement Enrolment Form
The European quota includes: EU Citizens, Non-European citizens already residing in Italy, Citizens from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino (Ministerial Prot. N° 7802 of March 24, 2015).
The specific competition call with all information on registration deadlines, fees, requirements and enrolment information is available here below:
(ENG) Call for admission EU Citizens IMDP 2019.2020
(ITA) Bando di Concorso IMDP 2019.2020 (click on the IMD EU Citizens toggle)
For enquiries on the Italian and EU Citizens’ test, publishing of ranking lists and information on enrolment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more info on
Documents & Fees
News - International MD Program
All the events, news, seminars, conferences scheduled