How to Apply
Admission to the International MD Program is based on selection through an entrance examination. This exam is obligatory for all candidates wishing to enter the course and is organized once/twice a year. It cannot be substituted by other exams or scores and is the only means of selection.Candidates are ranked according to the score obtained in the entrance exam and the best performing are admitted according to the number of places available each year.
Every year there are a limited number of seats in the the program; a quota for EU Citizens and one for non- EU Citizens. The admission test is also organized accodingly for each quota and is regulated by a specific admission regulation (Bando di concorso) which indicates opening and closing of registration, information on fees and on enrolment documents and deadlines.
Further below on this page you can find the specific information concerning requirements and on the admission test for each quota.
The minimum academic requirement for enrolling to a medical degree course in Italy, is to possess a high school diploma and have at least 12 years of education.
Please read the regulation of the Ministry concerning admission of foreign students to Italian Universities.
An English Language Certification corresponding to C1 level is requested as well by the International MD Program and is obligatory in order to enrol once admitted.
All non-Italian high school certificates must be translated and verified by the Italian Consulate/ Italian Cultural Centre who gives the final Declaration of Validity of the title - Dichiarazione di Valore (DV).
Here below are further useful details for students with foreign high school certificates:
1. Students with US High School diplomas must have at least 3 Advance Placement Studies – APs – in subjects which are pertinent to the course they are going to study (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths). Credits in scientific subjects needed for the DV can also be obtained from college or University transcripts and specifically in case of:
- US High School diploma with four Advanced Placement (APs) in subjects different from the chosen course of studies, followed by one academic year completed in a College.
- US High School diploma followed by two academic years completed in a College. Credits are valid even if obtained after the High School Diploma in an academic institution in a different country (they must be evaluated locally) provided that the study course was at least one full academic year
2. Students with International Baccalaureate diplomas coming from schools which are hereby listed (point n° 7): LIST OF RECOGNIZED FOREIGN SCHOOLS do not need the Dichiarazione di valore since the Schools are already recognized by the Italian Ministry. If your school is not among those listed you must request the Dichiarazione di Valore of your certificate.
3. Students coming from countries where education lasts less than 12 years must integrate the missing years by:
- presenting a University certificate indicating they have passed all the first year exams of the University course they are enrolled in if they are missing only 1 year.
- presenting a University certificate indicating they have passed all the exams of the first 2 years of their course if they are missing 2 years.
FIND OUT IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE INTERNATIONAL MD PROGRAM -click on the file below.
This quota includes only Non-European Citizens.
It does not include Non EU Citizens who already reside in Italy or Non-EU Citizens with double citizenship one of which is Italian or European. It does not include Citizens from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino. (Ministerial Prot. N° 7802 of March 24, 2015). These citizens compete for the EU competition.
Admittance to the International MD Program is subject to selection through the University’s admission test which is organized once a year and is delivered online. The admision test is mandatory for all applicants, no matter what study background they have. No other test or scores can substitute the MD Program's Admission test
For the AY 2020.2021, 64 places were reserved for Non European Citizens.
Applications for the AY 2020.2021 closed on September 9.
Information on the admission test for the 2021.2022 intake will be posted on this page as soon as available and around December.
For any enquiry please reach the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
This quota includes any candidate with double citizneship, one of which is European.It also includes Citizens from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino. (Ministerial Prot. N° 7802 of March 24, 2015). These citizens cannot compete for the non- EU quota.
NOTICE FEBRUARY 24:
The EU Candidates' admission test scheduled in Milan on March 5, 6 and 7 has been postponed .Please read the full notice on this page of our website: https://www.unisr.it/en/servizi/ammissioni
2020/2021 intake: Applications closed
The European quota includes: EU Citizens, Non-European citizens already residing in Italy, Citizens from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino (Ministerial Prot. N° 7802 of March 24, 2015).
Please read the Call for Admissions/DR 6287.
For enquiries on the Italian and EU Citizens’ test, publishing of ranking lists and information on enrolment, please contact email@example.com