How to Apply
Admission to the International MD Program is based on selection through an entrance examination. This exam is obligatory for all candidates who are willing to enter the course and is organized once a year for EU Citizens and once/twice a year for Non-EU Citizens.
This admission test cannot be substituted by other exams or scores and is the only means of selection. Candidates are ranked according to the score obtained in the entrance exam, and the best-performing students are admitted according to the number of places available each year.
The admission process and the entrance test, are regulated by a specific admission regulation (Bando di concorso), indicating the opening and closing of registration, information on fees and enrolment documents and deadlines.
Information on the admission test for the 2021.2022 intake is updated here below.
For any enquiry, please reach the University Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
The minimum academic requirement for enrolling to a medical degree course in Italy is to possess a high school diploma and have at least 12 years of education.
Please read the regulation of the Ministry concerning admission of international students to Italian Universities.
An English Language Certification corresponding to C1 level is requested by the International MD Program and is obligatory to enrol once admitted.
All non-Italian high school certificates must be translated and verified by the Italian Consulate/ Italian Cultural Centre who gives the final Declaration of Validity of the title - Dichiarazione di Valore (DV).
Here below are further useful details for students with foreign high school certificates:
1. Students with US High School diplomas must have at least 3 Advanced Placement Studies – APs – in subjects which are pertinent to the course they are going to study (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths). Credits in scientific subjects needed for the DV can also be obtained from college or university transcripts and specifically in case of:
- US High School diploma with four Advanced Placement (APs) in subjects different from the chosen course of studies, followed by one academic year completed in a College.
- US High School diploma followed by two academic years completed in a College. Credits are valid even if obtained after the High School Diploma in an academic institution in a different country (they must be evaluated locally) provided that the study course was at least one full academic year.
2. Students with International Baccalaureate diplomas coming from schools which are hereby listed (point n° 7): LIST OF RECOGNIZED FOREIGN SCHOOLS do not need the Dichiarazione di Valore since the Italian Ministry already recognizes the Schools. If your school is not among those listed you must request the Dichiarazione di Valore of your certificate.
3. Students coming from countries where education lasts less than 12 years must integrate the missing years by:
- presenting a University certificate indicating they have passed all the first year exams of the University course they are enrolled in if they are missing only 1 year.
- presenting a University certificate indicating they have passed all the exams of the first 2 years of their course if they are missing 2 years.
FIND OUT IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE INTERNATIONAL MD PROGRAM -click on the file below.
This quota includes only Non-European Citizens.
It does not include Non-EU Citizens who already reside in Italy or Non-EU Citizens with double citizenship, one of which is Italian or European. It does not include Citizens from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino. (Ministerial Prot. N° 7802 of March 24, 2015). These citizens compete for the EU competition.
A second admission test reserved to NON-EU candidates for the 2021 intake will be held on JULY 22, 2021 in an on-line proctoring format. More details are available on this page
The first admission test reserved to Non-EU Citizens was held on March 24, 2021 in an on-line proctoring format. The ranking list of the admission test reserved to NON-EU candidates held on March 24, 2021 is available here
Please note that registration to the test is done exclusively online through the dedicated registration tool. The test fee corresponds to EUR 200 all Indications on the payment methods can be found directly on the registration pages.
This call is reserved to European Citizens.
This quota includes: EU Citizens, Non-European citizens already residing in Italy, Citizens from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino.
Admittance to the International MD Program is subject to selection through the University’s admission test. N° 46 places are reserved for European Citizens.
IMPORTANT: Please note that updates on the registration deadline, test date and test locations were published on March 22, 2021 on the Chancellor’s Decree 6958.
The new test registration deadline is July 23, 2021 at noon (CET). Please make sure you read all further details published on this page