Berzero Giulia Ricercatore a tempo determinatoMedicine MED/26 Neurologia
During the last ten years, dr. Berzero has devoted her time to the study of brain tumors and neurological complications of cancer. After graduating cum laude at the University of Pavia, dr. Berzero has specialized in Neurology at the Mondino Foundation IRCCS. During her residency and her subsequent doctorate in Neuroscience, she spent over two years at the ICM Research Institute and at the neuro-oncology department of Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital in Paris, where she had the opportunity to study the molecular bases of primary brain tumors and deepen her knowledge of paraneoplastic neurological syndromes. At present, she is a researcher at Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele in Milan, where she continues her activity of clinical and translational research in neuro-oncology, along with neuro-oncology patient care. She is co-author of 60 scientific publications in indexed journals, including Nature Medicine, Annals of Neurology, Neuro-Oncology, and Neurology. She is member of the EORTC (European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer) Brain Tumor Group and of the Scientific Panel of Neuro-oncology of the EAN (European Academy of Neurology), and she regularly intervenes at national and international neuro-oncology meetings.
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-8798-9058
Scopus Author ID: 57217279125
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=it&user=AMDpZ00AAAAJ
2020 – PhD in Neuroscience, University of Pavia
2017 – Residency in Neurology, University of Pavia and Mondino Foundation (50/50 cum laude)
2011 – MD degree, University of Pavia (110/110 cum laude)
Present and past professional experience:
November 2021 - Present
Researcher at Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele and Neurologist at the Neurology Unit of Ospedale San Raffaele IRCCS, Milano
January 2021 – October 2021
Neurologist at the Neurology Unit of Ospedale San Raffaele IRCCS, Milano
September 2017 – August 2019
Neurologist at Mondino Foundation IRCCS, Pavia
November 2021 – Present
Teaching activity in Neurology at Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milano.
Reviewing activity for scientific publications:
Reviewing activity for journals including Brain, Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, European Journal of Neurology, NeuroImage: clinical, Frontiers in Neurology, Frontiers in Oncology, Functional Neurology, BMC Neurology, Therapeutic Advances in Neurological Disorders, Brain and Behavior, and Tumori.
Membership in scientific societies:
Member of the Italian Association of Neuro-Oncology (AINO), the European Association of Neuro-Oncology (EANO), the European Academy of Neurology (EAN), and the EORTC-BTG (European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer - Brain Tumour Group).
Selected publications of the past two years:
- Berzero G, Bellu L, Baldini C, et al. Sustained Tumor Control With MAPK Inhibition in BRAF V600-Mutant Adult Glial and Glioneuronal Tumors. Neurology. 2021 Aug 17;97(7):e673-e683.
- Berzero G, Campanini G, Vegezzi E, et al. Human Herpesvirus 6 Encephalitis in Immunocompetent and Immunocompromised Hosts. Neurol Neuroimmunol Neuroinflamm. 2021 Jan 12;8(2):e942.
- Berzero G, Basso S, Stoppini L, et al. Adoptive Transfer of JC Virus-Specific T Lymphocytes for the Treatment of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy. Ann Neurol. 2021 Apr;89(4):769-779.
- Berzero G, Di Stefano AL, Ronchi S, et al. IDH-wildtype lower grade diffuse gliomas: the importance of histological grade and molecular assessment for prognostic stratification. Neuro Oncol. 2020 Nov 11:noaa258.
- D'Angelo F, Ceccarelli M, Tala, et al. The molecular landscape of glioma in patients with Neurofibromatosis 1. Nat Med. 2019 Jan;25(1):176-187.
- Di Stefano AL, Berzero G, Ducray F, et al. Stroke-like events after brain radiotherapy: a large series with long-term follow-up. Eur J Neurol. 2019 Apr;26(4):639-650.
Il titolare del presente curriculum vitae, pubblicato online sul portale www.unisr.it, è garante in via esclusiva della correttezza e della veridicità dei dati e delle informazioni in esso riportate e del loro eventuale e puntuale aggiornamento. Egli è dunque il diretto ed unico responsabile dei contenuti indicati nei propri curricula.