Di Muzio Nadia Gisella Professore AssociatoMedicineMed/36
Degree in general Medicine and Surgery in 1988 (cum laude) from the Medical Faculty of the University of Milan
Specialization in oncological radiotherapy with maximum honours in 1992
Professional experiences abroad include stays at the University of Wisconsin ( Madison) and New York University for training in the use of High-tech radiotherapeutic equipment (2001)
In 2009 attended the Master’s programme in Managerial training for Hospital directors at Bocconi University of Milan
From 2005 Contract Professor at University of Milan-Bicocca University Specialization in Radiation Oncology
From 2006 Contract Professor at University of Milan-Bicocca University Specialization in Nuclear Medicine
From 2012 Contract Professor at University of Milan University Specialization in Medical Physics
Associate Professor at San Raffaele Vita –Salute University ( 2019)
From 1992-1994 scholarship to study combined chemo-radio treatment of gynecological tumors, and subsequently, further scholarships to pursue studies in: 1) cranial irradiation of pediatric patients submitted to bone marrow transplants for leukemic pathologies, and 2) breast tumor irradiation carried out at San Raffaele Hospital of Milan
Since 1994 worked as a physician in the Radiochemotherapy Department at San Raffaele Hospital, dealing with protocols for the integrated radiochemotherapeutic treatment of head and neck neoplasms, as well as protocols for the chemotherapeutic treatment of Phase III colorectal and breast cancer tumors. Deals in particular with prostatic pathology, becoming President of Italian Prostatic Brachytherapy, as well as being a leader in the use of high precision hypofractionated treatments for the radical treatment of prostatic neoplasms. Also holds specialized courses in the treatment of advanced stage prostatic pathologies.
From 2007-2008 served as head of the Tomotherapy Functional Unit at San Raffaele Scientific Institute
From 2008 served as Head of the Department of Radiation Oncology at San Raffaele Scientific Institute
Member of such leading Italian and international scientific societies as SIURO, ESTRO, AIRO and AIOM
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Hadron Therapy Center of Pavia, and the Candiolo Cancer Institute
From 2008 Member of European Commission of Tomotherapy
Served as president of AIRO Lombardia since 2013
Dr. Di Muzio’s main fields of research include the radiation treatment of prostate cancer with external beam and with Brachytherapy. Over 12 years, she developed in vivo studies in oncology using functional and molecular imaging to define the biological target volume in radiotherapy with a specific interest in PET/Computed Tomography (PET/CT) with 18F-Fluorodeossiglucose (FDG), 11C-Coline and PSMA. Based on a more than 10-year experience in hypofractionated IG-IMRT, she also focused on radiobiology to define the biochemical markers correlated with the effectiveness of radiation therapy in moderate hypofractionation and more recently in extreme hypofractionation settings.
Dr. Di Muzio is currently studying the interaction of radiation with the immune system and the association of radiation treatments with immunotherapeutic drugs. At the same time she is developing radiomic studies to validate the predictive value of imaging in radiation treatments.
Since 1999 she has been the Italian Coordinator of the Italian Brachytherapy Group, and since 2005 has been a member of the European Radiation Oncology Group to promote innovative radiation treatment by using High Technology.
She is the author of numerous chapters of medical texts, and over 200 publications in prestigious scientific journals for which she also serves as reviewer.
- Impact of molecular subtype on 1325 early-stage breast cancer patients homogeneously treated with hypofractionated radiotherapy without boost: Should the indications for radiotherapy be more personalized? A. Fodor , C. Brombin , P. Mangili, F. Borroni , M. Pasetti, R. Tummineri F. Zerbetto, B. Longobardi, L. Perna, I. Dell’Oca, C.L. Deantoni, A.M. Deli, A. Chiara, S. Broggi, R. Castriconi, P. G. Esposito , N. Slim, P. Passoni, S. Baroni, S.L. Villa , P.M.V. Rancoita , C. Fiorino, A. Del Vecchio, G. Bianchini , O. D. Gentilini , M. S. Di Serio, N.G. Di Muzio. The Breast 55 (2021) 45e54
- A non-invasive ultrasound imaging method to measure acute radiation-induced bladder wall thickening in rats. Antonello E Spinelli 1, Andrea Bresolin 2 3, Stefania Zuppone 4, Laura Perani 5, Giuseppe Fallara 4, Nadia Di Muzio 6 7, Riccardo Vago 4 7, Claudio Fiorino 2, Cesare Cozzarini 6. Radiat Oncol 15, 240 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13014-020-01684-3 PMID: 33069240
- Impact of sentinel lymph-node biopsy and FDG-PET in staging and radiation treatment of anal cancer patients. Najla Slim, Paolo Passoni, Elena Incerti, Roberta Tummineri, Calogero Gumina, Giovanni Mauro Cattaneo, Paola De Nardi, Carla Canevari, Claudio Fiorino, Monica Ronzoni, Andrea Marco Tamburini, Valentina Burgio, Luigi Gianolli & Nadia Di Muzio Sci Rep 10, 14613 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-71577-8
- Pre-clinical Research on Bladder Toxicity After Radiotherapy for Pelvic Cancers: State-of-the Art and Challenges. Stefania Zuppone 1 2, Andrea Bresolin 2 3, Antonello E Spinelli 4, Giuseppe Fallara 1, Roberta Lucianò 5, Federico Scarfò 5, Fabio Benigni 1, Nadia Di Muzio 6 7, Claudio Fiorino 3, Alberto Briganti 1 7, Andrea Salonia 1 7, Francesco Montorsi 1 7, Riccardo Vago 1 7, Cesare Cozzarini 6. Front Oncol. Review. Front Oncol. 2020 Oct 22;10:527121. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2020.527121
- Defining the Right State for a Will Rogers Phenomenon in Oligometastatic Prostate Cancer.Fodor A, Picchio M, Di Muzio NG. JAMA Oncol. 2020 Apr 16. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2020.0574. No abstract available. PMID: 32297902
- Prostate cancer with low burden skeletal disease at diagnosis: outcome of concomitant radiotherapy on primary tumor and metastases. Deantoni CL, Fodor A, Cozzarini C, Fiorino C, Brombin C, Di Serio C, Calandrino R, Di Muzio N. Br J Radiol. 2020 Apr;93(1108):20190353. doi: 10.1259/bjr.20190353. Epub 2020 Jan 31. PMID: 31971828
- Monitoring skin dose changes during image-guided helical tomotherapy for head and neck cancer patients. Mori M, Dell'Oca I, Branchini M, Foti S, Broggi S, Perna L, Cattaneo GM, Calandrino R, Di Muzio NG, Fiorino C. Strahlenther Onkol. 2020 Mar;196(3):243-251. doi: 10.1007/s00066-019-01520-y.PMID: 31586231
- Radiosurgery and fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy in oligometastatic/oligoprogressive non-small cell lung cancer patients: Results of a multi-institutional series of 198 patients treated with "curative" intent. Buglione M, Jereczek-Fossa BA, Bonù ML, Franceschini D, Fodor A, Zanetti IB, Gerardi MA, Borghetti P, Tomasini D, Di Muzio NG, Oneta O, Scorsetti M, Franzese C, Romanelli P, Catalano G, Dell'Oca I, Beltramo G, Ivaldi GB, Laudati A, Magrini SM, Antognoni P; Italian Society of Radiotherapy and Clinical Oncology – Regional Group Lombardy (AIROL). Lung Cancer. 2020 Jan 3;141:1-8. doi: 10.1016/j.lungcan.2019.12.019. PMID: 31926440
- The "Radical" Palliation That Increases Survival in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. Fodor A, Picchio M, Incerti E, Formenti SC, Di Muzio NG. J Thorac Oncol. 2019 Dec;14(12):e282-e283. doi: 10.1016/j.jtho.2019.07.030. No abstract available. PMID: 31757384
- Oligorecurrent prostate cancer limited to lymph nodes: getting our ducks in a row : Nodal oligorecurrent prostate cancer. Fodor A, Lancia A, Ceci F, Picchio M, Hoyer M, Jereczek-Fossa BA, Ost P, Castellucci P, Incerti E, Di Muzio N, Ingrosso G.World J Urol. 2019 Dec;37(12):2607-2613. doi: 10.1007/s00345-018-2322-7. Epub 2018 May 11.PMID: 29752513 Review
- Metastasis-directed Therapy in Treating Nodal Oligorecurrent Prostate Cancer: A Multi-institutional Analysis Comparing the Outcome and Toxicity of Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy and Elective Nodal Radiotherapy. De Bleser E, Jereczek-Fossa BA, Pasquier D, Zilli T, Van As N, Siva S, Fodor A, Dirix P, Gomez-Iturriaga A, Trippa F, Detti B, Ingrosso G, Triggiani L, Bruni A, Alongi F, Reynders D, De Meerleer G, Surgo A, Loukili K, Miralbell R, Silva P, Chander S, Di Muzio NG, Maranzano E, Francolini G, Lancia A, Tree A, Deantoni CL, Ponti E, Marvaso G, Goetghebeur E, Ost P. Eur Urol. 2019 Dec;76(6):732-739. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2019.07.009. Epub 2019 Jul 20. PMID: 31331782
- Early variation of 18-fluorine-labelled fluorodeoxyglucose PET-derived parameters after chemoradiotherapy as predictors of survival in locally advanced pancreatic carcinoma patients. Incerti E, Vanoli EG, Broggi S, Gumina C, Passoni P, Slim N, Fiorino C, Reni M, Mapelli P, Cattaneo M, Zanon S, Calandrino R, Gianolli L, Di Muzio N, Picchio M. Nucl Med Commun. 2019 Oct;40(10):1072-1080. doi: 10.1097/MNM.0000000000001065. PMID: 31365502
- Assessing the Role and Optimal Duration of Hormonal Treatment in Association with Salvage Radiation Therapy After Radical Prostatectomy: Results from a Multi-Institutional Study. Fossati N, Robesti D, Karnes RJ, Soligo M, Boorjian SA, Bossi A, Coraggio G, Di Muzio N, Cozzarini C, Noris Chiorda B, Gandaglia G, Scarcella S, Bartkowiak D, Böhmer D, Shariat S, Goldner G, Battaglia A, Joniau S, Haustermans K, De Meerleer G, Fonteyne V, Ost P, Van Poppel H, Montorsi F, Wiegel T, Briganti A. Eur Urol. 2019 Oct;76(4):443-449. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2019.02.004. Epub 2019 Feb 22. PMID: 30799187
- Accurate outcome prediction after neo-adjuvant radio-chemotherapy for rectal cancer based on a TCP-based early regression index. Fiorino C, Passoni P, Palmisano A, Gumina C, Cattaneo GM, Broggi S, Di Chiara A, Esposito A, Mori M, Ronzoni M, Rosati R, Slim N, De Cobelli F, Calandrino R, Di Muzio NG. Clin Transl Radiat Oncol. 2019 Jul 3;19:12-16. doi: 10.1016/j.ctro.2019.07.001. eCollection 2019 Nov. PMID: 31334366
- Moderately Hypofractionated Helical IMRT, FDG-PET/CT-guided, for Progressive Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma in Patients With Intact Lungs. Fodor A, Broggi S, Incerti E, Dell'Oca I, Fiorino C, Samanes Gajate AM, Pasetti M, Cattaneo MG, Passoni P, Gianolli L, Calandrino R, Picchio M, Di Muzio N. Clin Lung Cancer. 2019 Jan;20(1):e29-e38. doi: 10.1016/j.cllc.2018.08.019. PMID: 30253920
Il titolare del presente curriculum vitae, pubblicato online sul portale www.unisr.it, è garante in via esclusiva della correttezza e della veridicità dei dati e delle informazioni in esso riportate e del loro eventuale e puntuale aggiornamento. Egli è dunque il diretto ed unico responsabile dei contenuti indicati nei propri curricula.