Esposito Antonio Professore OrdinarioMedicineMED/36 - DIAGNOSTICA PER IMMAGINI E RADIOTERAPIA
Academic and Institutional Roles and Responsibilities
- Associate Professor of Radiology at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University
- Deputy-Director of Experimental Imaging Centre at IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele
- Responsible of Preclinical Imaging Facility at IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele
- Responsible of the Functional Unit of Cardiovascular Imaging of the Radiology Department at IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele
National Scientific Qualification:
- National Scientific Qualification (ASN) of the Italian Ministry of Instruction, University and Research (MIUR) to cover the role of Associate Professor of Radiology.
- National Scientific Qualification (ASN) of the Italian Ministry of Instruction, University and Research (MIUR) to cover the role of Full Professor of Radiology.
Main roles in scientific societies:
- Appointed as delegate for scientific research in the Directive Board of the Cardiac Radiology Section of the Italian Society of Medical Radiology, from 01-01-2012 to 31-12-2013
- Elected as Board Member of the Cardiac Radiology Section of the Italian Society of Medical Radiology, from 01-01-2014 al 31-12-2016
- Re-elected as Board Member of the Cardiac Radiology Section of the Italian Society of Medical Radiology, from 01-01-2017 to 01-01-2019
- Appointed as member of the “Scientific Committee” of the “European Society of Cardiovascular Radiology
2018 – 2020.
Main clinical skills:
- Advanced professional competencies in the field of body diagnostic imaging with Magnetic Resonance, Computed Tomography, Ultrasound, Digital Subtraction Angiography and in the field of Interventional Radiology for vascular, oncological and infective diseases.
- From June 2017 Antonio Esposito has the role of responsible of the functional unit (RUF) of cardiovascular imaging in the department of radiology of the San Raffaele Hospital. This functional unit offers a comprehensive clinical service covering the entire spectrum of indications to perform a cardiac magnetic resonance or a cardiac computed tomography. Moreover, this Unit represents a leading, internationally renowned center, in different fields of imaging of cardiac disease, particularly in the field of advanced non-invasive imaging for coronary artery disease, non-ischemic cardiomyopathies and ventricular arrhythmias.
- Teaching activities in Degree Courses at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University (UNISR)
- Corso di Laurea magistrale in Medicina e Chirurgia (CLMMC): Biostatistica e Fisica Medica
- Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Odontoiatria e Protesi Dentaria (CLMOPD): Discipline odontoiatriche e radiologiche
- International MD Program (CLMMCI): Human Morphology
- International MD Program (CLMMCI): Medical Physics
- Corso di Laurea magistrale in Medicina e Chirurgia (CLMMC): Morfologia Umana
- International MD Program: Oncology
- Corso di Laurea in Igiene Dentale (CLID270): Prevenzione dei servizi sanitari e radioprotezione
- International MD Program (CLMMCI): Respiratory Diseases
- Secretary of the Post-graduate School of Specialization in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology of Vita Salute San Raffaele University
- Teaching activities in the post-graduate school of specialization in
- Member of the educational committee of the ’International PhD course in Molecular Medicine of Vita-Salute San Raffaele University.
More that 100 full papers published on international scientific journals included in the JCR
H-index: 27 (Scopus source)
30 pubblicazioni per esteso recensite nel Journal Citation Reports (JCR 2008), Impact factor (IF) complessivo di 170,96, IF medio di 5,699.
Lista delle 5 pubblicazioni più significative:
Esposito A, De Cobelli F, Colantoni C, Perseghin G, Del Vecchio A, Canu T, Calandrino R, Del Maschio A. Gender influence on dose saving allowed by prospective-triggered 64-slice multidetector computed tomography coronary angiography as compared with retrospective-gated mode. Int J Cardiol. 2011 Feb 14.
Malosio ML, Esposito A, Poletti A, Chiaretti S, Piemonti L, Melzi R, Nano R, Tedoldi F, Canu T, Santambrogio P, Brigatti C, De Cobelli F, Maffi P, Secchi A, Del Maschio A. Improving the procedure for detection of intrahepatic transplanted islets by magnetic resonance imaging. Am J Transplant. 2009 Oct;9(10):2372-82.
De Cobelli F, Esposito A, Belloni E, Pieroni M, Perseghin G, Chimenti C, Frustaci A, Del Maschio A. Delayed-gadolinium enhancement cardiac magnetic resonance for differentiation of Anderson-Fabry disease from symmetric hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009 Mar;192(3):W97-102.
Esposito A, De Cobelli F, Perseghin G, Pieroni M, Belloni E, Mellone R, Canu T, Gentinetta F, Scifo P, Chimenti C, Frustaci A, Luzi L, Maseri A, Del Maschio A. Impaired left ventricular energy metabolism in patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy is related to the extension of Fibrosis at Gadolinium Delayed Enhanced MR Imaging. Heart. 2009 Mar;95(3):228-33.
De Cobelli F, Pieroni M, Esposito A, Chimenti C, Belloni E, Mellone R, Canu T, Perseghin G, Gaudio C, Maseri A, Frustaci A, Del Maschio A. Delayed gadolinium-enhanced cardiac magnetic resonance in patients with chronic myocarditis presenting with heart failure or recurrent arrhythmias. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006 Apr 18;47(8):1649-54.
Autore di oltre 100 abstract presentati oralmente a tutte le edizioni dei principali congressi di radiologia nazionali e internazionali, fra cui: l’Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 e 2010), il European Congress of Radiology (ECR 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011), il Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe annual meeting (CIRSE 2006), il European Society of Cardiac Radiology annual meeting (ESCR 2007, 2008, 2010), il World Molecular Imaging Congress (WMIC 2008), l’Italian Chapter ISMRM annual meeting 2010 e il Congresso Nazionale della SIRM (SIRM 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010).
Invited Speaker in numerosi congressi scientifici nazionali e internazionali.
Revisore riviste scientifiche:
International Journal of Cardiology
Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Il titolare del presente curriculum vitae, pubblicato online sul portale www.unisr.it, è garante in via esclusiva della correttezza e della veridicità dei dati e delle informazioni in esso riportate e del loro eventuale e puntuale aggiornamento. Egli è dunque il diretto ed unico responsabile dei contenuti indicati nei propri curricula.