Placella Giacomo Professore AssociatoMedicineMED/33
Giacomo Placella obtained the Medicine Doctor degree from Perugia University with a strongly trauma-oriented thesis, he completed his Residency in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Catholic University of Rome while following the path of his mentor Prof. Giuliano Cerulli.
During his journey, Prof. Placella worked as a Researcher in both the first Italian Clinical and Biomechanical Lab -Let People Move in Perugia- and at the first Surgical Anatomical Research Center – ICLO in Arezzo- while closely and diligently following the steps of the most renowned Italian and international experts surgeon in Sports Traumatology.
For several years, he provided consultant services for professional-level sport clubs and participated in hundreds of operations performed on top-level athletes.
He is the author of numerous scientific works published on renowned journals, theming arthroplasty, sport and traumatological orthopedics.
Currently, he is actively researching new technologies for the unsolved orthopedic and trauma related disorders both as a collaborator and P.I. in multicentric national and international research project.
Researcher’s unique identifiers
Professional work experiences:
- Senior consultant in Orthopedics and Traumatology at Policlinico Gemelli (July 2016 – June 2017).
- Attending physician at the Orthopedics and Traumatology division at San Carlo Regional Hospital of Potenza (August 2017 – February 2019).
- Attending senior physician at the Orthopedics and Traumatology department of San Raffaele Hospital in Milan (March 2019 – Currently).
Educational and formation experiences:
- Lecturer teaching musculoskeletal disorders at VitaSalute San Raffaele University for: Medicine and Surgery, International MD program, nursing and physical rehabilitation courses (2019-2022).
- Associate professor at VitaSalute San Raffaele University of Milan (October 2022 – Currently).
Prof. Placella has long been passionate about sports traumatology, particularly focusing on the research and the development of new surgical techniques treating the knee’s ligamentous apparatus.
He developed several techniques utilized in minimally invasive arthroscopy of the inferior limb; in hip, ankle, periarticular and tendinous arthroscopy. Moreover, in addition to traumatology, he is currently dedicated to the performance of hip and knee arthroplasties.
Prof. Placella Giacomo has performed over 2000 operations.
- Borges, F. K., Bhandari, M., Guerra-Farfan, E., Patel, A., Sigamani, A., Umer, M.,[…] Placella G.... & Teixidor-Serra, J. (2020). Accelerated surgery versus standard care in hip fracture (HIP ATTACK): an international, randomised, controlled trial. The Lancet, 395(10225), 698-708.
- Raggini, F., Placella, G., & Salini, V. (2020). Subtrochanteric femur fractures: management and outcomes. Lo Scalpello-Journal, 34, 51-54.
- Tei, M. M., Placella, G., Sbaraglia, M., Tiribuzi, R., Georgoulis, A., & Cerulli, G. (2020). Does Manual Drilling Improve the Healing of Bone–Hamstring Tendon Grafts in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction? A Histological and Biomechanical Study in a Rabbit Model. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, 8(4), 2325967120911600.
- Placella G., Salvato D. Delmastro E., Bettinelli G., Salini V., (2020). CoViD-19 and ortho and trauma surgery: The Italian experience. Injury.
- Bettinelli, G., Delmastro, E., Salvato, D., Salini, V., & Placella, G. (2020). Orthopaedic patient workflow in CoViD-19 pandemic in Italy. Journal of Orthopaedics, 22, 158.
- Delmastro E., Salvato D., Bettinelli G., Salini V., & Placella, G. (2021). Surgical activity management during COVID-19 pandemic in Italy. Minerva Ortopedica e Traumatologica, 71(4).
- Raggini F., Bettinelli G., Pace V, Salini V., & Placella, G. (2020). Celecoxib versus indomethacin as prevention of arthrofibrosis. A perspective case-control study. Lo Scalpello-Journal, 34, 145-148.
- Valerio P., Marzano F., Milazzo F., De Larrea A. E., Placella G., Caraffa, A., & Rinonapoli, G. (2020). Facet joint syndrome treated with interventional procedures: a review article with an update on the current evidence and practice. Current Orthopaedic Practice, 31(6), 571-578.
- Pace V., Gul A., Prakash V., Park C., Placella G., & Raine, G. (2020). Wound Infiltration with Levobupivacaine, Ketorolac, and Adrenaline for Postoperative Pain Control after Spinal Fusion Surgery. Asian Spine Journal
- Tei, M. M., Placella, G., Sbaraglia, M., Tiribuzi, R., Georgoulis, A., & Cerulli, G. (2020). Does Manual Drilling Improve the Healing of Bone–Hamstring Tendon Grafts in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction? A Histological and Biomechanical Study in a Rabbit Model. Orthopaedic journal of sports medicine, 8(4), 2325967120911600.
- Placella G., Bettinelli G., Pace V., Salini V. & Antinolfi P. (2021). Dual mobility for total hip arthroplasty revision surgery: A systematic review and metanalysis. SICOT-J, 7.
- Fiorino, A., Marturano, A., Placella, G., Staderini, E., Domingo, L. I., Cerulli, G. G., ... & Blasi, P. (2021). Amelogenin-Derived Peptides in Bone Regeneration: A Systematic Review. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 22(17), 9224.
- Mancini, N., Salvato, D., Delmastro, E., Belluati, A., Salini, V., & Placella, G. (2021). A modified Frosch approach for posterior tibial plateau fractures: Technical note and case series. Injury.
- Placella, G., Pace, V., Antinolfi, P., & Salini, V. (2021). 165 A Review of The Current Literature on LMWH Administered at Different Times in Relation to MOS (Major Orthopaedic Surgery): Assessment of The Safety and Efficacy of The Different Proposed Strategies. British Journal of Surgery, 108(Supplement_2), znab134-190.
- Antinolfi, P., Pace, V., Placella, G., Bettinelli, G., & Salini, V. (2021). 166 Dual Mobility for Total Hip Arthroplasty Revision Surgery: A Systematic Review and Metanalysis. British Journal of Surgery, 108(Supplement_2), znab135-013.
- Bettinelli, G., Placella, G., Moharamzadeh, D., Belluati, A., & Salini, V. (2021). Articular Femoral Head Fracture Management: A Meta-analysis of Literature. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, 1-10.
- Pace, V., Gul, A., Prakash, V., Park, C., Placella, G., & Raine, G. (2021). Wound infiltration with levobupivacaine, ketorolac, and adrenaline for postoperative pain control after spinal fusion surgery. Asian Spine Journal, 15(4), 539.
- Pace, V., Placella, G., Rinonapoli, G., & Caraffa, A. (2021). First reported case of a coronal hamate fracture associated with intrusion of the fifth metacarpal base, together with a fracture of the fourth metacarpal base. BMJ Case Reports CP, 14(9), e243368.
- Marzano, F., Pace, V., Milazzo, F., Bettinelli, G., Placella, G., Caraffa, A., & Antinolfi, P. (2021). Current methods and treatment options for interprosthetic femur fracture: an overview. Lo Scalpello-Journal, 35, 75-81.
- De Pellegrin, M., Moharamzadeh, D., Placella, G., & Salini, V. (2021). Foot Macrodactyly Associated with Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome. Ortopedia, Traumatologia, Rehabilitacja, 23(5), 375-380.
- Tei, M. M., Placella, G., Sbaraglia, M., Antinolfi, P., & Cerulli, G. (2022). Compartment Syndrome and Shin Splints. In Management of Track and Field Injures (pp. 187-196). Springer, Cham.
- Placella, G., Cazzato, G., Morello, S., Sebastiani, E., Pace, V., Tei, M. M., & Cerulli, G. (2021). Italian Experience of the Use of LARS Synthetic Ligament for ACL Reconstruction: 15 Years Follow-Up. Ligament Reconstructions, 3, 167.
- Viganò R, De Martiins SE, Placella G. Il trattamento chirurgico del piede Reumatico, Giornale Italiano di Medicina Riabilitativa, Vol. 37 - N. 4
- M Chillemi, A Abu-Mukh, MM Tei, V Pace, M Bartoli, G Cerulli, G Placella Single and double hamstring tendon anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction–A prospective, comparative cohort study Journal of Musculoskeletal Surgery and Research, 1-6
- G. Placella, G Bettinelli, A. Iacomella, D. Salvato, J Georgoulis, et al. Is it really advantageous to operate proximal femoral fractures within 48h from diagnosis? – A multicentric retrospective study exploiting COVID pandemic-related delays in time to surgery Journal of Musculoskeletal Surgery and Research 6 (2), 154-159
Il titolare del presente curriculum vitae, pubblicato online sul portale www.unisr.it, è garante in via esclusiva della correttezza e della veridicità dei dati e delle informazioni in esso riportate e del loro eventuale e puntuale aggiornamento. Egli è dunque il diretto ed unico responsabile dei contenuti indicati nei propri curricula.