Information for foreign students: choose to live and study with us - Facilities

Medical assistance

International students must bring an EHIC (European Health Insurance Form) form with them in order to qualify for the services provided by the Italian Health Service. The EHIC card must be requested to the home country’s health service before the departure. This card will entitle students to free medical assistance, i.e. day hospital care, hospital treatment and prescriptions.

Accident insurance (compulsory)

nternational students are recommended to be supplied with insurance coverage against accidents during their whole stay. The policy should also cover any accidents that may occur during education activities.

Insurance cover may be provided by the Sending Institution or taken out with a private insurance company.

In both cases, they should produce evidence of this insurance when enrolling at the International Relations Office. Otherwise you will be asked to get insurance through our University, by paying approximately € 10.33 to the University Administrative Office.

Before the Departure

Before their coming back home, students have to fix an appointment with the International Relations Office. The Office will then issue an official certificate which will confirm all the activities (examinations, laboratory and practical activities, etc.) performed by students and the certificate which will confirm the during of their Exchange period (Certificate of Attendance).

Before leaving the UniSR, students have to return all the books got on loan to the University Library.


We also suggest you the AgenziaUNI which provides information and assistance to university students helping them get in touch with homeowners.

Students who are interested in staying at the Vita-Salute University Residences can contact the Welcome Service (

Please note that for any negotiation the Tax Code (Codice Fiscale) will be required. Students can get it before their arrival submitting their request to Embassy/Consulate of Italy in their own Country (, or at their arrival going to the National Agency in charge: the Agenzia delle Entrate.

Course of Italian Language

The UniSR organizes a 20 hours Intensive Course of Italian Language for free for Incoming Students. The Course is held yearly before the beginning of the academic year. Each lesson lasts 2 hours and classes are grouped according to ability (basic and intermediate levels).