How to reach us
Milan has 3 important airports; Malpensa, Linate and Orio al Serio Airport.
Malpensa Airport is located in the northwest of the city near Varese and is Italy’s most important airport in terms of international traffic.
It is connected to Milan by the Milano-Varese highway as well as by the “Malpensa Express” train starting from the Milan Cadorna railway station, which takes about 40 minutes.
Linate Airport is one of the two major airports of Milan. It is in the southeast of the city and nearest to the San Raffaele Hospital & University. It is mainly used for domestic and short-haul international flights.
Orio al Serio Airport is located in Orio al Serio, in the southeast of Bergamo and is considered part of Milan’s airport system together with Linate and Malpensa.
Reaching San Raffaele
The closest underground station is CASCINA GOBBA (MM green line 2). From there you can either take the shuttle train – a one minute trip – to HSR for which you will have to buy another ticket, or take the 925 bus (direction Piazza Udine) which stops in front of San Raffaele.This latter is a 5 minutes trip, with the same ticket used for the underground.
From LINATE AIRPORT
- 10 minutes drive by Taxi. (fare around 20 euros)
- Bus to the central railway station of Milan ‘Stazione Centrale’ (MM green line 2)
- Bus n° 73 to Piazza San Babila (MM red line 1)
From ORIO AL SERIO
From MALPENSA AIRPORT
- 50 minutes drive from Milano. (fare around 80/90 euros)
- Malpensa Express Train to Cadorna station (MM green line 2)
- Malpensa Bus Express to the central railway station of Milan ‘Stazione Centrale’ (MM green line 2)
- Shuttle Air Pullman to the central railway station of Milan ‘Stazione Centrale’ (MM green line 2)