Pongiglione Francesca Professore AssociatoPhilosophyM-FIL/03
Francesca Pongiglione is Associate Professor in the field of Moral Philosophy.
She obtained her PhD in Ethics at the University of Bologna in 2009. During her PhD she has been visiting scholar at Boston University and University of Glasgow. She has been a post-doctoral research fellow at the University of Bologna, and has carried out research periods at the London School of Economics, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei and Collegio Carlo Alberto.
She is part of the research group of the FISR 2020 project "CoRC" (Covid Rules and Compliance) - The regulatory measures of epidemic containment.
She is a member of the PRIN 2017 "New Challenges for Applied Ethics" with the Universities of Roma Tre, Pisa and Padua.
She was unit coordinator for the University Vita-Salute San Raffaele of a MIUR-funded FIRB project entitled "Structures and Dynamics of Knowledge and Cognition" with the Universities of Turin, Bologna, Roma Tre and Cagliari.
She participated in the European project (FP-7) DYNAMIX- Decoupling growth from resource use and its environmental impacts with Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, at which she was Associate Researcher in 2014 and 2015.
She is deputy director of IRCECP (International Research Center for European Culture and Politics), member of CeSEP (Center for Studies in Ethics and Politics) and CRESA (Center for Research in Experimental and Applied Epistemology), at the University Vita-Salute San Raffaele. In the past he collaborated with CIRE (Interdisciplinary Center for Research on Education) at the Faculty of Physics, University of Bologna, with an experimental project of science education in the field of climate change. She has participated in the Scientific Committee of Expo 2015, and has been responsible for the drafting of the scientific content of a thematic cluster.
She coordinates the cycle of meetings "Europa anni ‘20", for whose 2022 edition she obtained the "University4EU" award by CRUI.
She has been invited to give lectures, seminars and workshops at the universities of Exeter (UK), Ghent (Belgium), Freiburg (CH), The Hague (NL) and in various Italian universities, and has presented papers at national and international conferences.
She teaches Anthropology, Cultures and Human Rights (Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy), Social Philosophy (Master of Arts in Philosophy of the Contemporary World), and Ethics and Ecosystems for the Master of Arts in Philosophy, Politics and Public Affairs at the State University of Milan.
She is currently working at the intersection between ethics and epistemology. She is also interested in environmental ethics, human rights, individual responsibility in collective actions, and migration. In the past she dealt with the moral and political thought of Bernard Mandeville, to whom she dedicated several scientific studies.
She has been referee for several national and international scientific journals, including Ethical Theory and Moral Practice; Critical Review of International Social and Political Philosophy; Theoria (the international Swedish philosophy journal); Journal of Environmental Education; Phenomenology and Mind; Rivista di Estetica; Studi sartriani; Etica & Politica /Ethics & Politics; Teoria; Climatic Change; Aphex (Analytical and Philosophical Explanation).
( Agg. 01 mar.2022)
- F. Pongiglione (2019). I diritti umani nel dibattito etico contemporaneo. Carocci, Roma.
- F. Pongiglione (2013). Bernard Mandeville. Tra ragione e passioni, Roma: Edizioni Studium.
Articles on journals or collective volumes
- F. Pongiglione, C. Martini (2022). Climate change and culpable ignorance: the case of pseudoscience, Social Epistemology, published online 8 Apr 2022 - https://doi.org/10.1080/02691728.2022.2052994
- F. Pongiglione (2022). Climate change and human rights. In M. Di Paola, G. Pellegrino (eds.) Handbook of the Philosophy of Climate Change, Springer;
- F. Pongiglione (2021). Information, Ignorance, and Obligations to know. Biblioteca della libertà, LVI, 230, pp. 55-75;
- F. Pongiglione (2021). False credenze e colpevolezza nei contesti sociali reali e virtuali. Sistemi Intelligenti, XXXIII, 2, pp. 245-261;
- F. Pongiglione (2020). Is it all a matter of selfishness? Towards the formulation of moral blame for anti-environmental behavior. Etica&Politica / Ethics&Politics, XXII, pp. 547-562;
- F. Pongiglione (2019). Sui doveri generati dai diritti umani: un argomento in favore di una concezione interazionale. Notizie di Politeia, XXXV, 136, pp. 168-184;
- F. Pongiglione, R. Sala (2019). Vulnerability, Responsibilities, and Migration. Phenomenology and Mind, 16, pp. 58-66;
- V. Sanchini, F. Pongiglione, R. Sala (2019). On the Notion of Political Agency. Introduction to the special issue of Phenomenology and Mind “Political Agency”;
- F. Pongiglione, R. Sala (2018). Migranti climatici: una nuova categoria di migranti? La società degli individui, 61;
- G. Tasquier, F. Pongiglione (2017). Knowledge and Behaviour in the Climate Change Issue: Results From Teaching/Learning Experiences at Secondary School Level. International Journal of Science Education;
- F. Pongiglione, M. Tolonen (2016). Mandeville and Charity-School: happiness, social order and the psychology of poverty. Erasmus Journal for Philosophy and Economics, 9, 1; pp. 82-100;
- M. Bukowski, A. Śniegocki, J. Gąska, R. Trzeciakowski, F. Pongiglione (2015), Report on qualitative assessment of social impacts. DYNAMIX project deliverable D 5.3. Warsaw, Poland: WISE Institute;
- F. Pongiglione, J. Cherlet (2015). The social dimension of climate change: fundamental but disregarded? Journal of General Philosophy of Science, 46; pp. 383-391;
- F. Pongiglione (2015). The need for a priority structure for the Sustainable Development Goals. Journal of Global Ethics, 1, 11; pp. 37-42;
- F. Pongiglione (2015). La responsabilità morale dell’individuo nell’azione collettiva: il caso dei cambiamenti climatici. Iride. Filosofia e discussione pubblica, vol. XXVIII n. 74, pp. 5-29;
- F. Pongiglione (2014). Clima: da “chi” si comincia? Una sfida etica per singoli e politici. Etica delle professioni, 1, pp. 81-88;
- F. Pongiglione (2014). Motivation for adopting pro-environmental behaviours: the role of social context. Ethics, Policy and Environment, 17, 3; pp. 308-323;
- G. Tasquier, F. Pongiglione, O. Levrini (2014). Climate change: an educational proposal integrating the physical and social sciences. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Science, 116; pp. 820-825;
- B. Pecori, G. Tasquer, O. Levrini, F. Pongiglione, M. Venturi (2014). The challenge of contemporary society on science education: The case of global warming. Springer Proceedings in Physics. Vol 145; pp. 579-582;
- F. Pongiglione (2012). The key role of causal explanation in the climate change issue. Theoria – An International Journal of Philosophy of Science, 74, 27/2;
- F. Pongiglione (2012). “Climate-gate” in The Encyclopedia of Global Warming, 2nd Edition, SAGE Reference, USA 2012;
- F. Pongiglione (2011). Climate change and individual decision-making: An examination of knowledge, risk perception, self-interest and their interplay. FEEM Working Paper series – Note di Lavoro della Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, ISSN: 2037-1209;
- F. Pongiglione (2011). Bernard Mandeville’s influence on Adam Smith’s Wealth of Nations. I Castelli di Yale, Il Poligrafo, Ferrara;
- F. Pongiglione (2011). Saggezza e regole: un approccio mandevilliano in vista della creazione di leggi globali. In Globalizzazione, saggezza, regole, a cura di A. Pirni, ETS, Pisa;
- F. Pongiglione (2008). Per un approccio alla lettura della Favola delle api di Bernard Mandeville. In Filosofia, Estetica ed Etica: otto percorsi, a cura di S. Bertolini e R. Formisano, Aracne, Roma 2008.
Kant, Idea per una storia universale in prospettiva cosmopolitica. A cura di R. Mordacci, trad. di S. Bacin e F. Pongiglione, Mimesis, Milano 2015.
F. Pongiglione, (2012). Anthropology and Climate Change: from Encounters to Action, and Political Theory and Global Climate Change. Ethics, Policy and Environment, 15, 1; 125-129.
( Agg. 01 mar.2022)
Il titolare del presente curriculum vitae, pubblicato online sul portale www.unisr.it, è garante in via esclusiva della correttezza e della veridicità dei dati e delle informazioni in esso riportate e del loro eventuale e puntuale aggiornamento. Egli è dunque il diretto ed unico responsabile dei contenuti indicati nei propri curricula.