At Lapco we investigate the neuro-cognitive mechanisms of sensori-motor functions, particularly the visual and tactile systems. The most used approaches are psychophysiological (based on physiological and electroencephalographic responses), psychophysical (based on the measure of sensations), and behavioral (based on the measure of motor activity). Basic research, which is the main mission at Lapco, is regarded also as a starting point to develop technologies and advanced quantitative methods for clinical diagnosis and assistive communication in psychology, psychiatry, neurology, vestibulogy.
- Visual perception and visual cognition
- Perception of dynamic events across life span
- Spatial sense in virtual reality
- Pupillometry-based BCI for CLIS patients
- Visual distractibility in PPPD patients
- Visual self-agency and self-awareness in psychiatric patients
- Haptic sense and manipulation activity
- Mental Body Representations
- Fine motor skills and manual dexterity
- Force and movement perception, kinaesthesia
- Haptic devices and technology
- Psychophysical Methods, Data Analysis Methods.
LAST 5 YEARS
2018-2020 Beyond eye movements. (Grant CSTO164044 Intesa San Paolo)
2019-2022 Stairway to elders. Bridging space, time and emotions in their social environment for wellbeing. (Grant #2018-0858 Cariplo)