How those it work?
Using BIKO is as easy as riding!
1. Get your pass by filling out online the form provided in which you will have to write your first and last names, fiscal code, address, city, e-mail address and cell phone number. The system will text you a 4 digit release code which you will have to enter in the subsequent page where you will have to enter a password you have chosen and which you will need for further accesses.
2. Go to the relevant BIKO counter:
BIKO UniSR employees
DIBIT 2 – Basilica – 2° floor – room n. 31
Opening hours: every day from 9:00 to 12:00 am
Clelia Cantoni – number 02 91751 521 – e-mail email@example.com
Dania Perini – number 02 91751 520 – e-mail perini.dania@unisr.
BIKO UniSR students
Front Office Segreteria Studenti
DIBIT 2 – Basilica – floor -1
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 11:30 am
You will get a card which you will use to hire a bike. The card is personal and non-tansferable. In the case a user does not want to hire bicycles, he/she will have to return the card to the counter where he/she has collected it.
– If you come from the Hospital, you can enter the metrorail station at Cascina Gobba (MM2) only if you already have a valid ATM transport ticket or pass;
– If you come from Cascina Gobba underground station, you can enter the BIKO docking station, located beneath the metrorail, it is necessary to have the BIKO card you received after registration.
3. Hire a bike as follows:
– Put the card on the docking device located on the bicycle handlebar;
– Press the button on the device: a yellow led light will indicate the hire request, after a few seconds the light will turn green and the bike will be released;
– Pull the bike out.
– You can hire a bike only after three minutes have passed from the last use of that bicycle;
– If you see a red light while you are about to hire a bike, that means that bicycle is out of order: in that case, chose another bicycle and repeat the procedure.
4. Leave your bicycle at the docking station nearest to your destination. Push the bike firmly into any empty docking point. A yellow light will indicate a return request; after a few seconds the light will turn green which will show that the bike has been securely docked. If the light turns red, press the button on the device and wait for the led light to become green. BIKO card is not necessary to dock a bike back.
5. Use BIKO online service to spot all stations on a map and number of bicycles available in each docking station; You can even book a bike (not earlier than half an hours before hiring a bicycle). Through the online service you can modify all data inserted during registration and also change your access password.
Never leave your bike unattended!
BIKO – Updated instructions on how to hire and return your bike
HOW TO HIRE THE BIKE:
- put the card on the docking device located on the bike handlebar
- press the activation button while the BIKO card is still on the device: a flashing red light will indicate that the hire request has gone through. After a few seconds the light will turn green and the bike will be released
- save your card and pull the bike
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- if the flashing red light turns steady red, it means that the bike cannot be hired. Try with another bike, if you experience the same problem again please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- if the flashing light is both red and green, all bikes in the docking station are already reserved. Please reach another BIKO docking station to hire your bike
- You will need to wait three minutes before hiring another bike
HOW TO RETURN THE BIKE:
- make sure that the bike is perpendicular to the docking station and that the front wheel is in the right position in the stand
- push the bike, ensure that it is blocked and press the button on the bike handlebar. A flashing red light will indicate that your request has gone through; after a few seconds the light will turn green which confirms that the bike has been securely docked
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- if the flashing red light turns steady red, it means that your request of docking the bike has been unsuccessful. Please try again, this time pushing the button on the bike handlebar at the same time
- after having returned the bike, the fact that it cannot be pulled out does not mean that the bike has been docked correctly. You have to press the activation button and wait until it turns green
- if the light is not flashing it means that it hasn’t been automatically activated. Press the button and, if the light is still not flashing, please contact email@example.com
- if your bike was not docked correctly you will not be allowed to hire another one until the first one has been properly docked. Please double check among your hiring data that the last bike used has been docked correctly. For any issue please contact firstname.lastname@example.org