The research center primarily promotes philosophical investigation around four research topics (to see them, visit the “Research Topics” Section). To encourage and facilitate research, our aims are:
- To collect and make easily accessible information about editorial activities, especially related to: - TRADITION: PERSONA promotes and encourages translation, reading, and teaching of a) classic texts in the phenomenological tradition, with a special attention to the contemporary flourishing of Schelerian studies in Italy; b) books on authors or areas of the history of phenomenology, especially thematic bibliographies, biographies and intellectual biographies, etc. - RESEARCH: the center encourages its members to recommend new books and articles especially within one of the following sub-areas: general phenomenology, special phenomenology, and applied phenomenology.
- To keep the members of PERSONA informed about classes, seminars, PhD courses in phenomenology or related fields.
- To organize and promote meetings – e.g. conferences and workshops.
- To promote meetings and discussions for graduate students from San Raffaele University, as well as other universities in Italy and abroad.
- To share information about PhD programs both in Italy and abroad that are of interest for students and scholars working in phenomenology and related fields.
- To conceive and prepare research projects competitive to be founded by national and international grants.
- To foster exchanges between scholars and professors both at national and international levels.
- To create a network for PhD students interested in phenomenological themes.