We'll keep you informed about upcoming events on this page.
The Philosophy and Business Laboratory, in collaboration with the Research Centers of the Faculty of Philosophy at UniSR, organized a conference on November 18 at 2:00 PM.
The title of the meeting provocatively posed a question: 'What is human about (artificial) intelligence?'
Dr. Stefania Contesini, the head of the Philosophy and Business Laboratory, Introduced and coordinated the various presentations.
- Dr. Elisabetta Bracci, Facility Management Specialist – Are we willing to (re)introduce ourselves to Artificial Intelligence? Cognitive buildings and enhanced experience.
- Prof. Gianvito Martino, Vice-Rector for Research and Third Mission at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University – Neurotechnologies: Opportunities and Risks.
- Prof. Giorgio Metta, Director of the Italian Institute of Technology – Men and Humanoids: Intelligences in Relation.
- Prof. Roberto Mordacci, Dean of Vita-Salute San Raffaele University – The Artifice of Reason: Against the Idea of Intelligence as an Algorithm.
- Dr. Roberto Villa, Manager of Research Ecosystem at IBM Italy – Artificial Intelligence and Ethics: A Marriage of Interest.
The Competitive Advantage of Values – Global Market and Ethics in the Third Millennium
This important event took place on June 10, 2019, as a culmination of the Laboratory's series of meetings.
For an enterprise to be a creator of value, it's not just about aspects of economic efficiency, but also about the enterprise's ability to contribute to the realization of an economic model aligned with the level of social and human development it aims to promote for the future. In defining its value-based identity, the enterprise shapes itself, and ethics aligns with the very essence of doing business, no longer merely an external guardian of unethical behavior. Philosophy, with its methods and tools, seeks to engage with businesses to provide alternative viewpoints and valuable insights into addressing these issues and exploring new solutions, thus exercising its practical vocation and social role.
Below is the press review of the event