The Faculty of Philosophy of Vita-Salute San Raffaele University in Milan launched in 2017 a series of lectures in memory of Professor Giuseppe Rotelli, the founder of Gruppo ospedaliero San Donato, who passed away in 2013. Each year the lectures are devoted to issues of relevance for contemporary societies that are tackled by internationally distinguished personalities from different philosophical areas.
Each international guest provides five or six lessons open to anyone interested.
Each speaker is asked to present his or her thought on the issue chosen, as already outlined in previous publications, but also to provide some original development.
After each lesson, there is a discussant – chosen among the members of the Faculty of Philosophy or among the research centres’ members – and a junior discussant – chosen among the students – to discuss the issues raised during the speaker’s talk.
The international speakers are:
- François Jullien (Chaire sur l’Altérité, Fondation maison des sciences de l’homme) – April 3rd-11th, 2017. The main focus of Professor Jullien’s lectures is Alterity in its various applications and implications.
- Rae Helen Langton (Newnham College, Cambridge) – March 19th-23rd, 2018. Professor Langton’s lectures focus on Speech Acts and the Accommodation of Injustice.
- Julian Nida-Rümelin (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich) – March 18th-22nd, 2019. Professor Nida-Rümelin will focus on Perspectives and Limitations of Cosmopolitan Humanism.
- Philip Pettit (Princeton University and Australian National University) - June 17th-19th 2020. Professor Pettit’s lectures focus on “How Language Powers the Mind”.
How to reach San Raffaele
Reach San Raffaele (Via Olgettina 58) by public transport
The nearest metro station to San Raffaele is CASCINA GOBBA (MM line 2 - green). Cascina Gobba can be reached in about 30 minutes by metro (MM line 2 - green) from Milan Central Station and from Milan Garibaldi Station. In 20 minutes by metro (MM line 2 - green) from Milan Lambrate Station.
From Cascina Gobba you can take the light metro by purchasing an additional round-trip cost (at a cost of 1.30 euros) or the bus that takes you to Milano Due, included in the price of the meter (line 925).
Reach San Raffaele from the airports in the area
• 10 minutes by taxi (about 20 euros).
• Air Bus to Central Station (MM line 2 - green).
• Bus No. 73 to Piazza San Babila (MM line 1 - red).
From Orio al Serio:
• Orio Shuttle to the Central Station (MM line 2 - green).
• 50 minutes by taxi (90 euros).
• Malpensa Express train to Cadorna (MM line 2 - green).
• Shuttle Air Bus to Central Station (MM line 2 - green).
Reach San Raffaele by taxi
Yellow taxi: 02/6969
Radio Taxi: 02/8585