The application to the PhD Courses can be submitted, regardless of age or citizenship, by those holding a 5-year University Degree (according to the old Italian regulation), a Master’s Degree (according to the new Italian regulation) (hereinafter, the “Degree”) or an equivalent foreign academic qualification, approved by the PhD Examination Committee, also according to international agreements and/or inter-university cooperation and mobility agreements.
Last year Master’s degree students can also apply to the PhD Course only if they will graduate before October 31st, 2021, under penalty of exclusion from the Course.
The registration and application must be submitted within 1:00 pm November 2nd 2021.
Reference letters must be submitted within November 4th, 2021.
Registration to the competition
In order to be admitted to the selection Italian citizens, EU and non-EU citizens must pay € 50,00 fee following the instructions indicated on the online registration form.
Please note that the fee payment only does not imply that the candidate has registered correctly to the selection unless all the steps indicated in the form have been fulfilled. The fee will not be reimbursed for whatever reason the candidate does not participate to the admission selection.
Registration and application must be filed exclusively online, through the University website (https://unisr.esse3.cineca.it/Home.do).
Registration for the competition consists of four steps:
- Registration of personal data;
- Login to the website through the appropriate link;
- Online payment of the fee for the chosen competition;
- Filling out the application form and uploading the required documentation.
Upon submitting the application, the candidate will receive a confirmation email.
PLEASE NOTE: During the registraztion, select the PhD course for which you want to compete and which will also be selected in the Admission Application
Filling out the application form
The application (submitted through the electronic form) can be filled out either in Italian or English.
In the application candidates will provide a description of their current research activities, their scientific interests and any information required in the online form and they will also have to indicate their preference for:
- One project-based fellowship (mandatory);
- A second project-based fellowship (elective).
Please note that if a candidate choses two project-based fellowships, this must be within the same PhD Course.
The order of preference is binding for purposes of final ranking.
Please do not include special characters in the electronic form (",%,#...).
The candidate will also indicate up to two referees. When the candidate completes the application, they will receive an automatic email with the form for the reference letter and the link to upload the letter.
Candidates are responsible for the data submitted; they can contact the referee(s) to request the letter and to check that it is submitted as required by this call within the defined deadline.
The PhD Office will not solicit the submission of the letters.
Upload of the documents
After submitting the online application, the candidate will submit the following documents in separate PDF files through the same online registration system:
- Application Form duly signed;
- A self-certification of the Bachelor’s Degree indicating the graduation mark;
- A self-certification of the Master’s Degree (according to both to old and new Italian regulation) indicating the title of the thesis, the graduation mark and the list of exams;
- Copy of a valid identity document;
- ONLY for candidates who apply for a position in the PhD Course in Molecular Medicine and in Cognitive Neuroscience and are enrolled in the last year of a Medical Residency Program a self-certification stating that they will finish the Program by the end of 2021.
- ONLY for candidates who have been admitted “sub condicione” who have not graduated yet when they submitting the online application - a self-certification stating that all the exams required for graduation (Master's Degree) have been passed as well as the list of all exams taken including the relative marks and the WEIGHTED AVERAGE of all grades;
Moreover, candidates holding a foreign academic qualification, which has not yet received a declaration of equivalence to an Italian degree, will submit with the application any document that may be useful for the Examination Committee to declare its equivalence, as set forth by article 2 of this Call.
Please use Attachment 2 at the bottom of this Call to fill out self-certifications.
Copies of Diplomas/Diploma Supplements will not be accepted unless the candidate provides a self-declaration which states that the copy complies with the original document.
Incomplete applications and/or submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.