Coming to the UniSR Dental School means joining an integrated system of research-teaching-clinical practice of excellence, which enables students to access the profession at the highest global levels when they complete their studies. Opportunities founded on:
- the Dental School's location within the context of excellence of Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, itself set within the Ospedale San Raffaele, a clinical, research and university establishment of international importance, highly specialised in a number of major diseases.
- the horizontal and vertical integration of teaching, research and clinical practice, which enables students to learn "in the field" with interaction between all levels (bachelor+ master's degree and post-graduate students) at all times. An approach to learning which is innovative at all levels, with the opportunity as early as the second semester of the first year (CLOPD) of observational placements at the Oral Rehabilitation Service, where students attend the clinic and view all kinds of dental procedures.
- the complete integration of the UniSR Dental School in the Ospedale San Raffaele Dental Clinic, the facility recently established within the Dentistry Department.
- a new facility, with state-of-the-art machinery and equipment both for clinical procedures and for teaching purposes: patient simulators for practical exercises; digital impressions with the entire process of virtual model production through to realisation of the prosthesis itself; CAD-CAM dental laboratory prosthetics technology; and operating microscopes.
- innovative Teaching Plans, with students involved in training including not only clinical procedures but also the medical and organisation management of the new department.
- continual interaction between students, teaching staff and tutors: The Degree Course has been specifically designed to allow a limited number of students, compatible with the facilities available, to study under a teaching staff of world-renowned experts.