Registration on the website
In order to be admitted to the selection, Italian citizens, EU and non-EU citizens must pay € 50.00 fee following the instructions indicated on the online registration form.
Please note that payment of the fee by itself does not imply that the candidate has registered correctly to the selection unless all the steps indicated in the form have been fulfilled. The fee will NOT be reimbursed for whatever reason the candidate does not participated to the admission selection.
Registration and application must be filed exclusively online, through the University website (https://unisr.esse3.cineca.it/Home.do).
Registration for the selection consists in four steps:
- Registration and filing personal data (see the Guide for the registration);
- Login to the website through the appropriate link (https://unisr.esse3.cineca.it/Home.do)
- Online payment of the fee for the chosen competition (see the Guide for Application)
- Filling out the application form and uploading the required documentation.
Upon submitting the application, the candidate will receive a confirmation email.
Filling out the application
The application (electronic form) can be filled out either in Italian or English.
In the application candidates will provide the information required in the online form and they will indicate:
- ONLY for those entitled, the preference for PhS fellowships (the list of the projects is available HERE) and any interest (optional) for only ONE project-based fellowship;
- FOR ALL OTHERS CANDIDATES, any interest (optional) for only ONE project-based fellowship. Please remember that the project-based fellowship chosen will represent the 1st choice
Please do not include special characters in the electronic form (",%,#...).
The candidate will also indicate up to two referees. When the candidate completes the application, they will receive an automatic email with the form for the reference letter and the link to upload the letter.
Candidates are responsible for the data submitted; they can contact the referee(s) to request the letter and to check that it is submitted as required by this call within the defined deadline.
The PhD Office will not solicit the submission of the letters.
Upload of the documents
After filing the online application in ALL is parts (any research experiences, publications, abstracts and know languages), the Candidate will submit, through the same online registration system, the following documentation in separated PDF files:
- Application Form duly signed;
- A self-certification of the Bachelor’s Degree indicating the graduation mark;
- A self-certification of the Master’s Degree (according to both to old and new Italian regulation) indicating the graduation mark;
- Copy of a valid identity document;
- ONLY for candidates who have been admitted “sub condicione”:
- not yet graduated when submitting the online application, a self-certification stating that all the exams required for graduation (Master's Degree) have been passed as well as the list of all exams taken including the relative marks and the WEIGHTED AVERAGE of all grades;
- who have indicated their preference for the PhS fellowships, a document signed by the Director of the Residency Program that authorizes the candidate to participate to the selection for admission to the PhD Course and that certifies the research activity carried out by the candidate during the Residency Program (please use the form Attachment 4);
- who are enrolled in their last year of a Medical Residency Program a self-certification stating that they will finish the Program by the end of 2021.
Moreover, candidates holding a foreign academic qualification, which has not yet received a declaration of equivalence to an Italian degree, will submit with the application any document that may be useful for the Examination Committee to declare its equivalence, as set forth by article 2 of this Call.
Please use Attachment 2 to fill out self-certifications. Copies of Diplomas/Diploma Supplements will not be accepted unless the candidate provides a self-declaration which states that the copy complies with the original document.
Incomplete Applications and/or submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
REFERENCE LETTER (Attachment 1)
All reference letters, which have not been drafted according to the form or submitted in different ways than those described in the Call for Application will be rejected.
SUBSTITUTIVE DECLARATION (Attachment 2)
The entitled persons shall avail themselves of what is set forth in Italian Presidential Decree no. 445/00, as amended and integrated, governing substitute declarations, by using this form, in case they attest other circumstances provided for by Articles 46 and 47 of Italian Presidential Decree no. 445/00
AUTHORIZATION RESIDENCY PROGRAM (Attachment 4)
Candidates who have indicated as their preference the PhS fellowships, must attach a document signed by the Director of the Residency Program which represents the authorization from the Program to participate in the competition for admission to the PhD Course and which certify the research activity carried out during the Residency Program.